There are many patients that do not have a matching eligible living donor and in case of heart and lung transplant, the only way is to wait for a deceased donor.
Once a patient is deemed a transplant candidate, they can register with the respective state government’s cadaver transplant programs from the hospital of their choice.
Following is the list of some of the government bodies for your information.
- Andhra Pradesh – Jeevandan
- Kerala – Mrithasanjeevani
- Karnataka – Jeevandsrthakathe (Transplant Authority of Karnataka)
- Maharashtra – Zonal Transplant Coordination Committee (Mumbai, Pune & Nagpur)
- Rajasthan – Navjeevan
- Tamil Nadu – Cadaver Transplant Program (TRANSTAN)
- Telangana – Jeevandan